What information should the Employer provide to the prospective employee to complete a pre-employment medical questionnaire?
All prospective candidates are screened initially by completing and submitting a pre-employment questionnaire (PEQ). The procedure is as follows:
- The employer directs the prospective candidate to log on to www.medmark4teachersna.ie and complete the pre-employment questionnaire online.
- If the candidate has any specific queries relating to the completion of the questionnaire you can advise them to send their query to email@example.com, or call our telephone advice line 021-4550455 for assistance. Our telephone advice line is open from Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm, with an out-of-hours answering system also available.
How to complete a pre-employment questionnaire form?
The pre-employment questionnaire can be completed by the prospective candidate.
The prospective candidate should:
- Follow the introductory instructions carefully.
- Complete all sections and answer all questions.
- Ensure that their contact details and your school roll number are included.
Confidentiality: who views the information submitted by the employee?
All information submitted is entirely confidential between the individual who submits the pre-employment questionnaire and the reviewing / examining occupational health physician. Information will not be disclosed to any other party without the consent of the employee being assessed, with one exception: the occupational health physician is allowed to express an opinion as to whether the employee is fit or unfit for work or any restrictions or modifications that should be placed on their work.
What information should the employer expect to receive from Medmark once the pre-employment questionnaire is received?
Upon completion and online submission of the Pre-Employment Medical Questionnaire, the successful receipt of the form is acknowledged on the OHS web page.Their pre-employment questionnaire will then be reviewed by the occupational health service (i.e. Medmark4teachersna) and will result in one of the following:
- A ‘Medical Fitness for Employment Assessment Report’ is issued to the candidate in a secure electronic format, certifying him/her as fit/unfit for employment. Where the candidate is certified as medically fit for employment, the candidate presents the ‘Medical Fitness for Employment Assessment Report’ to the employer. Where the candidate is certified as medically unfit for employment, the Report is also issued to the employer by the occupational health service
- We may contact the candidate to clarify disclosed medical information. Once satisfactory medical clarification is received, a ‘Medical Fitness for Employment Assessment Report’ is issued to the candidate (and the employer specified in the referral, if the candidate is certified as medically unfit for employment)
- We may request the candidate to attend for a Pre-Employment medical assessment. The decision to request that a candidate attends is discretionary and based on the evaluation of the Pre-Employment Medical questionnaire. Once the Pre-Employment Medical Assessment is complete, a ‘Medical Fitness for Employment Assessment Report’ is issued to the candidate (and the employer specified in the referral if the candidate is certified as medically unfit for employment).
Pre-employment medical assessments may on occasion result in the Occupational Health Service identifying reasonable accommodation requirements for those with a particular disability, or may result in confirming fitness for employment with some restrictions on duties applied.