Coronavirus: advice for employers and employees02/03/2020
In case coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads more widely in Ireland, employers should consider some
simple steps to help protect the health and safety of staff.
It's good practice for employers to:
• keep everyone updated on actions being taken to reduce risks of exposure in the workplace
• make sure everyone's contact numbers and emergency contact details are up to date
• make sure managers know how to spot symptoms of coronavirus and are clear on any
relevant processes, for example sickness reporting and sick pay, and procedures in
case someone in the workplace develops the virus
• make sure there are clean places to wash hands with hot water and soap, and encourage
everyone to wash their hands regularly
• give out hand sanitisers and tissues to staff, and encourage them to use them
• consider if protective face masks might help for people working in particularly vulnerable situations
• consider if any travel planned to affected areas is essential.
Please refer to the following sites for further up to date information with regard to Coronavirus: